Wednesday, November 26, 2008

With thanks or something

A list of thanks - not necessarily in order of importance

• I'm thankful for my two precious girls. It's a treat to watch them change and grow.

• I'm thankful for my wonderful wife. She never ceases to amaze me.

• I'm thankful that Rosie O'Donnell gets her own Thanksgiving prime time special. Thanksgiving was always meant as a chance for turkeys to get their day.

• I'm grateful the Broncos don't show up every third game, just in time to dampen the inane Super Bowl rubbish.

• I'm thankful for my news team here at the paper. They're fun, they're hardworking and they do a good job. Throw in the production team too. They make us look good.

• I'm grateful for having the best boss in the world – especially because of the big raise I'm going to get now for saying that.


• I'm thankful for 9News single-handedly taking credit a couple weeks ago for catching the individual who shot the Aurora code enforcement officer. Good job, guys. Next
stop: world hunger.

• I'm thankful that we get somebody new as president just so everybody can stop complaining about the old one.

• I'm thankful for NBC's The Office. I set my week around it.

• I'm thankful for my brother – serving in Iraq this Thanksgiving. I'll have a turkey leg for you, bro.