Monday, January 21, 2008

Unprofessional

My wife and I (and the kid) were out shopping Saturday at Flatiron Crossing in Broomfield when an ugly scene unfolded. I won't mention the name of the store we were in (SOHO - 303-404-3773) but I will say that the manager of this establishment (an angry-looking round-faced woman) put on a very unprofessional scene. In the midst of a number of customers (minus my wife who was too wrapped up in a headband search) this woman quietly (albeit not quietly enough because I heard it from a fair distance) lambasted an employee (she looked like a teen, maybe 20-something) for multiple mistakes on customer ring-ups. I felt bad for the girl as she looked like she would cry and repeatedly said she had no excuse for what happened. But angry, round-faced woman kept after her and only when my wife went to buy her headband did the manager relent so the girl could ring us up. After all that, the girl still managed to be halfway pleasant to us. Even though I'm sure she was not only hurt but embarrassed. I think there is a place to conduct these kind of discussions and it's certainly not in front of the customer. Your thoughts, please.