Thursday, May 1, 2008

The audacity of freeloading midgets


Took the fam to a swanky restaurant last night and by swanky, I mean it had doors. We walked in and were greeted by a lovely hostess who asked "Two adults?" and then pointed to our 2-year-old daughter standing between us and asked "and her too?" I could not believe it. I immediately unclasped my daughter's hand and said "Absolutely, not." Yes, she rode in the same car as us but there was never any discussion or insinuation that we would be picking up the tab for her or that she would be sitting with us. I demanded that my daughter be seated not only at a separate table but also out of our direct line of vision because she has a tendency to chew with her mouth open which grosses us out. I understand my daughter is still at the restaurant washing dishes. She, apparently as was the hostess, was working under the assumption that because she simply arrived with us that we would be paying for her meal.