Thursday, May 8, 2008

Life as a sex symbol degrading, demoralizing


I hadn't stepped out of our office building yesterday and taken more than one stride to my car when the hoots and wolf whistles started from a group of patrons at the bar across the street. Honestly, people, I'm not a piece of meat. I'm a professional reporter. I know the sight of a man in dress slacks with a notebook and an empty tupperware container is hard to resist. But let's be adults. The only solace I found is at least they didn't bother the attractive-looking woman that had just walked past me.

BTW (that's 13-year-old girlenese for "by the way," I appreciate your responses to my rather general poll question while I'm sad things apparently aren't going that well. I will resist the urge to make next week's question, "What's wrong?"