Monday, November 5, 2007

Roger Ebert would be proud

Took my daughter to her first movie Saturday, compliments of some generously provided movie tickets, and we saw the animated "Bee Movie." I thought it was a heart-warming, tale with plenty of eye-candy for the kids and subtle adult humor for the grown-ups. I actually recommend it for a fun afternoon at the movies. I must be a sucker. Because, while my daughter enjoyed the trailers for new movies as well as the Dreamworks Studio logo at the beginning, her reaction to the movie was tepid at best and, about 35 minutes into the movie, she barfed,barfed, barfed. Yes, you might say her reaction was a little immature compared to most movie critics and maybe even a little more messy. But, given the verbosity of today's critics, I found her review of the movie to be straight to the point. And while I was left cleaning vomit off my shoes, I respected her opinion and really wish we could see such candor from more critics albeit with me at a safe distance. So take it from a 2-year-old, Bee Movie is not worth the nausea. Take that, Ebert!