Friday, March 20, 2009

Cameron Morons

Even though I thought it was cool that President Obama filled out a bracket for the NCCA basketball tourney. Not everyone was impressed, particularly Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski.
"Somebody said that we're not in President Obama's Final Four, and as much as I respect what he's doing, really, the economy is something that he should focus on, probably more than the brackets," Krzyzewski told a reporter from the Associated Press on Wednesday.
Make no mistake, this has nothing to do with Obama or politics. Don't even go there. This is the Duke culture – the belief that "we're so great, how could anybody not root for us?" Guess what, Coach K, I didn't pick Duke to win it all either. Am I still allowed to participate or do I need to go back to my coal mine. Only one goon picked Duke to win in our office pool. Stop being a sniffling, whining brat.
If Obama picked Duke to win, or at least not UNC, this wouldn't be an issue at all. Hey Obama, I think Coach K. can can have a spot in your cabinet. Name him "Treasurer Secretary of Petty Poor Sports."