Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Experience isn't the issue

Mix my conservative roots with a general political disenchantment and what do you get? Somebody that might be starting to pay a little more attention to what Barack Obama is saying. I like the momentum he is generating, I like he is promising change (even though I'll believe it when I see it). Being a young person, I can't remember the excitement John F. Kennedy whipped up on his campaign, I'd like to think it was something like this. I wrote a column, even before his campaign started firing and Hilary was having her mail forwarded to 1600 Pennsylvania Ave, saying I wanted a candidate to actually inspire me. Yet, the point of this blog is to point out that while Obama is seemingly promising that things won't be business as usual in Washington, his opponents, Hilary, and now McCain, are criticizing his "lack of experience." I think they're barking up the wrong tree, we've had plenty of "experienced" folks in Washington, I think he's appealing for that very reason because he maybe isn't skilled at the whole D.C. two-step.