Monday, December 29, 2008


Well, hopefully I'll be a little more regular (no fiber jokes here, please. This a kids show) now that the holiday season is over. I hope Christmas was wunnerful for you as it was for me. All I had to do was put aside the ugly incident of cutting myself with my new Swiss Army barbecue grill knife on Christmas Eve. It was just a small cut made while I professed to my parents how much faith they had in me to buy me such a large knife ... there goes next year's chainsaw. Christmas was just as it should be – lots of great time spent with family, plenty of Mountain Dew and the unending battle to unwrap my daughter's toys from complex Chinese-packaging.
The end of Christmas can only mean one thing ... credit card bills. OK, not what I was going for. I was thinking more along the lines of New Year's resolutions. I have a ton. I always do. Most of them I don't share because it makes failure so much easier to handle. I'm excited about a new year at the paper, my first full one as managing editor. We have such a tremendous group here. They work so hard. I'm anxious to tighten up these once rock-hards abs, hopefully with the help our new Wii fit. I always like the sense of renewal a New Year brings – a chance to wipe the slate clean and not drink anymore ... or any less. I'd love to hear your New Year's resolutions. I promise to personally point out how each one is fallible – just one of the services we offer.