Thursday, May 3, 2007

If you're angry and you know it

Ahhh, springtime in Brighton. I was just headed back to the office a little while ago when I came to a stop sign. I had slightly stopped, as I'm sometimes prone to do, when I began to proceed through the intersection. I hadn't spotted the pedestrian crossing on the other side of the intersection. Once I spotted him, I stopped again, probably with the nose of my car a little out on my respective side of the intersection. A good 20-30 feet from him. Apparently, not enough. As he crossed the street, he proceeded to ask me (ask being a metaphor for screamed) if I planned to stop. Then, as I drove through the intersection, he yelled at me about pedestrians having the right of way. I think he called me "Jack" too, I appreciated him leaving off the ending since he had a small child with him. Was I in the wrong? Yeah probably, even though I spotted them in plenty of time and no one was ever in even the smallest amount of danger. Except when I thought he was so angry, he might come turn me into a hood ornament. It just reminds me of what short fuses we're on in our society, I'm not always an exception either. But we're all so wound up with everything happening in our daily lives that sometimes we just get mad. So to the pedestrian that I didn't almost hit but apparently thought I might, I apologize, hope I didn't ruin your day.