Tuesday, May 8, 2007

No gas for you


As you might have heard, a national "Gas Out" is being planned for Tuesday, May 15. No, jokesters, this is not me tanking up on Taco Bell even though I could really go for a Nacho Cheese Chalupa. Folks are being encouraged to not buy gas on May 15 and send a message to those big oil companies. The message: "Thank you for the exorbitant gas prices. In response, we will buy or gas on Monday or Wednesday." Hey, I'm all for making a statement and I'm probably going to avoid the pumps on Tuesday (as I would encourage all cross-dressers to do as well). But, the problem is because of our ignorant dependence on fossil fuels ("moo" said the dinosaur), we still need the gas so, inevitably, we're going to come crawling back. We need a long-term solution! Anyone for water-powered cars – we could fuel up on water from the South Platte. Okay, farmers, just kidding – stop throwing tomatoes.