Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Let thine donate thy stuff and forsake what thou stuff is


Okay, IRS, you've really done it now. Thanks to new restrictions, I can no longer just give stuff away to Goodwill or ARC or RUFF (Really Ugly Furniture Foundation), I must now document it in detail lest I face an audit. Gone are the days when a blank receipt from MOOMPS (Monkeys Outraged over Misdemeanor Prison Sentences) would suffice. Why can't we just leave well enough alone? Can't you just trust that I'm giving a honest donation to WIFFO (Women Interested In Finding Football Odors). You know whose going to really suffer? The non-profits who collect this stuff. I heard a news report last night recommending you photograph the items you are donating. Are you kidding? Now I'm really going to think twice before I donate my crusty old pairs of boxer shorts to PEEPOU (Puppies Encouraging Enthusiastic Parting Of Underwear) because that's just not something that should be digitally preserved. Once again, the small people will be hurt. I dread having to say no when SCROG (Scooters Courting Really Old Grandmas) calls and asks if I have items to leave on my front porch). Call your Congressman, call your uncle, we must do something. I can't stand to see great organizations like SSIDR (Sisters Stuck in Dressing Rooms) fall by the wayside.