Tuesday, March 6, 2007

The view up here


Sometimes it's easier to relate to somebody if you can see where they stand or, in this case, sit. Yes, indeed, this is my desk and where I spend far too much time. A brief tour: To the far left is my Dwight Schrute bobblehead (Watch The Office on NBC – hilarious). He's standing on my alarm clock – I snooze about 2 p.m. – it's right in front of my fancy phone –my key to the world and all the big news. Just to the right of that is my mess of technological stuff that is really cool. It includes my cell phone, a digitial recorder, my video Ipod, two USB cables (one for a camera, one for the iPod). Wait, that's not all, it's all on top of my Mini Mac. You can't miss my larger-than-life computer monitor but on top of it is a bottle of honey (don't ask), a box of tissues and a small trophy statue that when positioned the right way looks very inappropriate. To the right is my calendar – I normally use it to acknowledge that I missed yesterday's appointments. Just below that is a candy dish I swiped from the bosses' office. It's empty now so I'm considering returning it. Above my calendar are some documents that just seemed way to important to bury under the cesspool of other important documents on my desk. Oh yeah, there's some inspirational articles too that I read when I needed to be reminded why I didn't take a job as a computer software engineer. And, since I know you're going to ask, that big hairy blob in the background above my monitor is a scary Halloween mask because you never know when you're going to be called in to do some Dateline undercover work.