Thursday, June 28, 2007

Money where your mouth is

If you read Dave Rose's regular column in the Brighton Blade this week, you noticed that Herb's BBQ Shack, 201 S. Main St., here in town is contemplating closing later this summer if business doesn't turn around. I've always been a big fan of Herb Findley and his restaurant since they opened a few years, so I don't mind giving him a little plug. I'd hate to see him shut down. But to local residents and anyone for that matter, I say it's time to put up or shut up. We spend a lot of time paying lip service to the importance of local businesses and how important they are. "We've got to fight Wal-Mart-yada, yada, yada. Here's a chance to support to support a local restaurant that brings a unique flavor to Brighton. I hope you do it – http://www.herbsbbqshack.com/.