Monday, July 2, 2007

We've got be careful


I'd be remiss if I didn't remind all you kids out there and parents too, because God forbid children are actual reading my blog, to be careful with fireworks this Fourth of July. Fireworks are not toys. And there's no reason to be confused. I don't want to hear any drivel about how they're sold in bright, kid-attracting packaging under circus tents by people dressed up like your favorite cartoon characters. I repeat – no reason for confusion (note to self: see study on Joe Camel cigarette ads) I mean seriously if we're trying to deter the use of fireworks (at least here in Colorado unlike Arkansas where you get a free package with any driver's license renewal or soda purchase) can't we make them a little less appealing? Perhaps put a blue cover around them like we do with dirty magazines so you can only see a little firework cleavage.