Monday, August 13, 2007

Hairy situation


Lest we turn this into an advice column, though I do welcome any pleas from parents trying to find ways to create unity in blended families, but I present you with this quandary. I went to to get a haircut the other day. Here's the dilemma. The woman who normally cuts my hair wasn't there. But I needed a haircut, so I had somebody else do it. After all, I just needed a haircut, I didn't want to have to come back. Just as "the other woman" is finishing up my haircut, my regular stylist walks in to start her shift and gives me a cold look like I just shaved her dog. I thought of yelling, "Wait, Mandy, it's not what you think." Just because I always love that line. But, was I in the wrong here? Did I commit some major breach of hair cut etiquette? Is there such a thing? And, yes, as you can see from the picture, I'm perfectly happy with the way my hair turned out so that is a non-issue.