Monday, July 30, 2007

Justice waits for no one

Missed a court hearing I needed to cover this morning. Partly, my fault. I need to know better than show up at 8:20 a.m. for an 8:30 hearing time. But, I would have been there in plenty of time if not for the sea of humanity stretched two miles back waiting to get into the Adams County Courthouse. Arrrggggh! I assume these massive Monday morning lines have something to do with potential jurors or maybe more people are getting in touch with their bad sides. The irony? The Colorado Judicial Branch had employees outside the courthouse this morning asking folks to take a survey – querying them about their experience. "You be the judge" was their catchy slogan: "What can we do better?" As I was leaving the courthouse, thoroughly annoyed, I declined to do the survey. If you can't say anything nice, well, you know the rest!