Tuesday, July 17, 2007

People's Building – whatever


So in the midst of yesterday's state capitol shooting (brought to you by one of Thornton's finest – man, we look sharp in tuxedoes – the debate was renewed whether the state capitol should have folks enter the building through metal detectors. I was stunned. I figured they already did. I have to go through one at the courthouse, Wal-Mart and Taco Bell (damn, bean stealers). Why wouldn't it have metal detectors? Especially in today's day and age, where everybody is applying to a be resident and council member of Crazyville (not to be confused with Fort Lupton. Ha, ha, just a little joke, no application needed). The defense is this is the people's building. Yea. My house is my people's building but I still lock the front door! I know a dome made of gold, pure gold I tell ya (sorry, little leprechaun impersonation there) can inspire such joy and grandeur and apparently transport us back to 1876. But seriously people, let's get with the times here. Kids love airplanes but we don't put a sign on the front of the terminal "Saying "Welcome Terrorists: Pick up RPG's here." Arrrghhhh!