Monday, July 9, 2007

Repaint, repaint and thin no more


Double blog Monday because I missed you kids so, so much or I've just had so much bloggeration forming in mind for the past five days that I needed to spew. File this
in your "so we all do put our pants on one leg at time" folder. Hope
you got to enjoy a small taste of Live Earth yesterday – mega movie
star Al Gore's idea to bring all his celebrity friends together to
bring attention to global warming. Great idea, right? Except, between
the nine world-wide concerts, there was an estimated 1,000 tons of
garbage generated. So, I'm shocked today. Because I thought
environmental heathens, like myself, who buy aerosol cans just to watch the Earth die, were the only ones who generate garbage and waste. You mean Earthians make garbage, too? No. Seriously, was this the best way to rally for the Earth? Wouldn't it have been better for Al and Madonna and Lionel Richie and Mavis Beacon to get together in his backyard, eat some leaves and talk about cooler times? The path to good intentions is paved with ... apparently ... trash.