Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Do the Dewcinations


Even though we have a delicious, two-liter bottle of Mountain Dew sitting in our fridge, my wife and I are giving up Mountain Dew – at least at night. I have long been plagued by people lurking in my bedroom when I awake in the middle night after drinking the Dew. Sometimes, I even dive off the bed in a harrowing yet heroic attempt to escape. But, it wasn't until last week, when my wife's own nighttime Dew drinking caused her to attack herself following a wicked (Red Sox suck!), strange dream that we decided maybe it was time to set the Dew aside. We will however continue to put it in the kid's nightly bottle, just kidding. I'd be happy to take any suggestions on what we should drink at night now – I'm guessing I'm going to get a lot of votes for warm milk. Feel free to comment also on what makes Mountain Dew so evil. I thought it just caused impotence and I was always OK with that.