Thursday, October 25, 2007

Halftime speech

I know your discouraged about the final score of last night's Rockies game. May I offer some insight? Give the Red Sox all the credit, the best team won today and the final score is the only statistic that matters. The Rockies were outplayed in every phase of the game. The Red Sox simply wanted it more than they did. The young Rox had their chances but they let them slip away and they came up a little short. Who cares about moral victories? They simply caught us on an off night. It just wasn't meant to be. They out-hustled us. They out-muscled us. They out-coached us. We got a wake-up call. We just weren't mentally prepared. We came out flat. We beat ourselves. We only have to look in the mirror. They ate our lunch. This is a bitter pill to swallow, but please eat your lunch first so you don't upset your stomach. I take full responsibility for this loss. We didn't get the job done. Not to take away anything from them, but we didn't play like we're capable of playing. My hat's off to them. I tip my hat to them. You've got to hand it to them and my hat too. The best team won today. We can still hold our heads high.These guys have nothing to be ashamed of. They just made the big plays and we didn't. They stepped up and made the plays. We didn't match their intensity.
Let's win one for the Gipper!