Monday, October 15, 2007

Ho-ho-holy crap! Already?

Was out at Best Buy the other night and I couldn't help but notice the "over-helposity" of the employees there. In a span of less than five minutes – five different employees asked me if I needed help. I'm always suspicious about this. Especially since I could go to a place like Circuit City and literally have to drag an employee away from their ham and cheese sandwich to assist me. Then I started thinking. Maybe I was confused by the Rockies still playing but the holiday shopping season is very much upon us. That's a little frightening to me. The elbowing, the pushing, the foul words and that's just my Thanksgiving family dinner. Yes, the Christmas decorations will be coming out soon once I deflate the 6-foot inflatable Halloween hearse in my front yard. Sound off, people, are you ready for the holidays yet?