Monday, October 8, 2007

Go Rox

It's time for another fun week. Desperately, wondering how I keep my baseball fix with the Rockies off till Thursday. Baseball fan or not, you can agree there is something satisfying about seeing the Rockies doing so swell. It reaffirms Denver is a baseball town (we're just terribly fair weather sometimes) and it brings my yearly prediction of the Rockies in the World Series (15 years running) closer to reality. The other option is the Broncos. Yuck. Trust me, no one's rooting harder for the Rox in the World Series than the Broncs. How else do you explain fans quietly leaving the stadium yesterday instead of burning Mike Shannahan in effigy? The Rockies surprising run is definitely keeping the heat off the stumbling, fumbling Donkeys. As for any assertions that the Rocks have usurped the Broncos in popularity, give me a break. Broncos fans will quickly return all forsaken loyalty to the Broncos as soon as Pat Bowlen tells them to.